Yeo Moor Primary School
A LOVE OF LEARNING THAT LASTS A LIFETIME
Tel: 01275 875607
Members of the Governing Body
Members of the Governing Body are:
Mr Lee Kerslake - Parent Governor & Chair of Governors
Mrs Ruth Gazzane - Parent Governor & Vice Chair of Governors
Mrs Ann Driver - Local Authority Governor - Safeguarding & Chair of Standards
Mrs Kirstie Scott - Parent Governor - Chair of Staffing, Finance and Premises
Mrs Barbara Symes - Local Authority Governor
Mrs Katie Young - Community Governor
Mr Roland Lovatt - Head Teacher
Mr Kyle Matravers- Teaching Staff Governor
Mrs Lyn Bibbing - Support Staff Governor
Mrs Sarah Parker - Clerk to the Governing Body
* Together with the headteacher they are responsible for making sure our schools provide good quality education.
* They provide challenge and support to headteachers, drawing on their knowledge and experience.
* They make decisions together on matters such as performance, targets, school policies and school development plans.
* They monitor the impact of policies and oversee school gudgets and staffing.
* They report of school achievements and respond to inpection recommendations.
* They hear appeals from pupils and staff and consider complaints.
* They ask searching questions and respect the position of headteachers as professional leaders of schools.
Some websites call it 'strategic oversight', but basically we are a group of parents, community members and staff who ensure that important decisions are made in the best interests of the school, staff and (most importantly) children. To be a governor requires no special qualifications and we are supported with experience and training by North Somerset Council. All you need is a passion and commitment to help the school continuously improve.